- Login to 1and1.com
- Click Manage Domains in the middle (or Domains on the left panel)
- Click the Dropdown on the right for the domain you want to modify.
- Click edit DNS settings.
- Click "Other IP address" and input the IP address in both fields below. (see screenshot below for clarity) Our IP Address is 220.127.116.11
Leaving the Bottom Filed Blank (the IPv6 Address)
- Scroll down and click Save.
- Then Click Yes to the prompt that says: "Are you sure you want to modify the DNS settings?"
Always remember to follow up the next day to make sure the domain is working properly. If you're wondering why you want to follow up the next day and not right after you make the change, it's because these kinds of changes take anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours to take effect.
Also when you're checking the next day try your website with and without the WWW in the address. (example: http://www.yourdomain.com AND http://yourdomain.com). If for some reason the www version of your website doesn't work, you will need to go in and set up a subdomain "CNAME" for it.
Should you need to set up a CNAME, below are the steps.
- Within the domain settings in your 1and1.com account, click on "Edit DNS Settings"
- Scroll down and click on the little "subdomain" link in the A/AAAA and CNAME Records Box. (see screen shot below)
- Click "Create Subdomain"
- In the field there in... www
- Then click "Create Subdomain"
- Log out and you're done!
If this was helpful, please let us know! Click Here to drop us a quick note. :)