MUST READ! THIS AFFECTS YOUR BUSINESS!
- Starting January 1, 2014 a new law concerning all domain names went into effect. This means your www.YourWebAddress.com (domain name) is subject to these NEW CHANGES.
- Any changes to existing Domain Registrar Information (WhoIs verification) including but not limited to; contact information, email addresses, and phone numbers must be verified within 15 days or the Domain will be suspended and the name servers changed!
- If www.YourWebAddress.com is a new domain name and it is suspended it’s not as big of a deal because it’s unlikely that you would be receiving much traffic anyway, however;
- If www.YourWebAddress.com is an existing domain name that you may have changed some contact information on and it is suspended it’s a “HUGE DEAL” and so it’s important to pay attention to this.
- Usually most registrars will send you a verification email with simple verification instructions… however; it is up to you to ensure that you verify your domain.
At some point in the not-so-distant future, a fairly big website is going to go down due to lack of WhoIs verification. A company will make a small change to the contact information but fail to verify it. Perhaps the verification email gets flagged as spam. Or an IT admin thinks it’s a phishing scheme. Or an intellectual property manager at a big company makes the change, and then goes on vacation before receiving the verification email.
It’s bound to happen, and a lot of people are going to scream and point fingers when it does.
For more information visit the website below:
If this was helpful, please let us know! Click Here to drop us a quick note. :)